[CQ-Contest] I'm shocked!!!

DickT-W0RAA dickt at w0raa.com
Mon Oct 1 19:42:29 EDT 2012

To say I'm shocked, let alone speechless is an under statement.

In today's mail I received a certificate from CQ Magazine.

It says:

2011 CQ World Wide DX Contest
                 W0RAA

                1st Place
              Low Power
SSB  Single-Op Assisted - 10 Meters
       United States 10th Area

#11 North America  -  #7 North America
        New Call Area Record

Like I said I'm completely shocked.  But I'll accept it and proudly
display it on my shack wall.

My deceased Father-in-Law always told me that "God watches over
drunks, little boys and damned fools."

He never would tell me what category he placed me in and I never
pushed for an answer for fear he would tell me.  But receiving this
certificate certainly says he was right.  LOL!

Just had to brag a little.  I don't get that many chances to do that.

73,

Dick - W0RAA

PS:  Thanks to CQ for sponsoring this contest.