[CQ-Contest] Off-Topic e-mail question

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at arrl.net
Sat Oct 20 16:35:53 EDT 2012

I will guess that your old drive is IDE and your new drive is
SATA.  Do you have a computer wonk friend with an IDE
motherboard?  She could temporarily install your old drive as a
second hard drive, and put your contacts on a USB stick.

Or you could buy one of these enclosures:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182142&name=External-Enclosures
Install your old drive in the enclosure and connect it to the new
computer via USB cable.  This method allows you to get ALL the
data from your old drive, and also lets you use the old drive to
back up data from all of the computers in your house.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona