[CQ-Contest] Hurricane Sandy

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Tue Oct 30 06:49:37 EDT 2012

In Northern NJ (20 mins outside NYC) a neighbors huge tree came down across
my entire back yard taking out my wire antennas, fences, gutters, some of
the deck, and hood of the the car. At least that is what I could see last
night. Been without power since 6pm ET. Waiting for the sun to come up to
assess more damage.

Many others (hams and non-hams) have it much worse. Hopefully we get things
restored soon and I can get some wire antennas back up unless someone wants
to give me a tower, beam and convince my wife it is required! :-)

Stay safe all!
K2DSL - David