[CQ-Contest] KL7 is country and state?

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:28:06 EDT 2012

When is a country also a state?... in KL7.  A guy with a KL7 call sign can
move to Kansas and legally use that call sign there, his being in America
in both instances.  However, due to backward DXCC admin, when does he count
as Alaska, and as an entity?  When Alaska became a state, it should have
lost its DXCC entity status.  OR, make all KL7s get a lower 48 call sign to
live in the lower 48.
Same problem if KP4 became a US state...........  Hey change is a
constant.  Ch

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd at charter.net>wrote:

> This question has come up several times so I will answer it here.
>
> You should log the call sign as sent.
>
> The log checking software will handle placing the call in the right country
> (or judging if the call sign is not correct).
>
> True, your logging software doesn't seem to count your score correctly, but
> that is not a factor for the contest committee since the Cabrillo format
> doesn't mark multipliers.  As mentioned above, we will recalculate the
> score
> of all logs submitted.
>
> As I said in the webinar.  Put your log in Cabrillo format and send it in.
>

> Randy Thompson, K5ZD
> Director - CQ WW DX Contest
> email: k5zd at cqww.com
> web: www.cqww.com