[CQ-Contest] Cheating as a moral issue

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Sep 14 12:56:30 EDT 2012

For once ...  ;) ... I have to completely agree with Paul ... amazingly
on every point he made below.

A "contest" without rules is not a contest at all, and history has shown
time and time again that people will not participate in any competitive
activity that they feel is rigged against them.   I might easily go out
for a hard run with others for the pure enjoyment of it, but no way will
I enter an organized race that allows other runners to take shortcuts
without penalty.

For the most part I do not support Yuri's suggestions because they put
the burden for preventing cheating on those who don't cheat, but turning
a race into a fun run is not the answer either.

Dave   AB7E