[CQ-Contest] The Grand Solution

Doug Smith dougw9wi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:46:47 EDT 2012

Jeff Clarke wrote:
> I don’t think cheating in contests is anything new. It’s just seems more prevalent now. The cheaters are being caught because of the technology
> that exists now as compared to the past.

Ask an American politician (all parties, all levels of office) and they'll tell you "crime is rising, but I have a plan to stop it".

But if you check police records, you find that we have *less* of most types of crime than we used to.

Numbers for other crimes are increasing, but that's often *not* because more crooks are committing that crime -- it's because more victims are
reporting it.

Is it possible the same thing is going on in contesting?

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66