[CQ-Contest] Voicing of serial numbers vs. computer recorded

Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Apr 1 08:38:36 EDT 2013

Yesterday, on a lark, while I was S&P-ing, I envoked the automatic voicing
of serial #'s in N1MM. I had prerecorded some phrases and numbers.

  The EU's seemed totally oblivious, (and fully acceptable?) while I got
some comments and sensed a general...what's the word....'disgust' would be
too strong.(dislike, distaste?)...with some of the US ops.  They "mimicked"
the robotic like serial number I was sending them, or laughed, or whatever.

I thought I would try it out, as it might be an option for me for late night
SSB contesting.  Currently I don't do SSB contests past bedtime here as the
family does not care for my ---what they call-- "screaming shout band"...

Opinions?

VE9AA

Mike