[CQ-Contest] I loved the WPX

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Tue Apr 2 07:10:45 EDT 2013

I really enjoyed WPX SSB this year as well.  Just seemed more fun than
usual.  Conditions were good, although not great.  But, good enough that
stations were able to spread out across all bands. Activity was good, but
without so much crowding that it was impossible to find a frequency.  It was
just enjoyable.

And I could tell everyone else was having fun too.  There is something about
prefixes for multipliers that avoids the big cluster pileups or rare DX
pileups. And the ability to work everyone for points helps fill the log and
accelerate the score.

My brain is addicted to contesting.  Maybe it will help me be smarter some
day.  :)

Randy, K5ZD