[CQ-Contest] World HF Contest Station Database Needs a New Admin

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Apr 3 07:47:52 EDT 2013

I've been running the World HF Contest Station Database
<http://www.conteststations.com> since ~1999.  Thanks to donated server
space from W2QO and programming help from NF4L, my duties as Admin have
been limited to the updating process (entries are changed manually based
on input from stations).

Recently, however, my other interests and involvements are such that I
have not been able to keep up with the flow of additions and changes,
much less work on improvements to the site.  Instead of feeling guilty,
I've decided to see if someone would like to take over for me.

At base, the job would involve only about 15 minutes a week.  You log
onto a web page, review each submission for pranks or obvious mistakes,
and then click on a button to update it and move on. However, there is a
lot more that could be done with the site than has been done on my
watch.  My intention would be to hand off the whole shebang to the new
admin (after coordination with W2QO and NF4L), and leave it up to him or
her to decide how it evolves from here.

The database is current, as of today - so if you are interested in
taking it over, please contact me off the reflector.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at