[CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

Edward Sawyer SawyerEd at Earthlink.net
Thu Apr 4 08:02:56 EDT 2013

I will defer to the 24 hour aspirees to come up with rules for this
"category wanna be".  Personally, I like the WAE format for this purpose.  3
off times, that's it, with 60 min minimum.  If people can't pull all
nighters, that solves it.  But if you are trying to interleave a competitive
contest in a "normal family or work activity weekend" it kills that right at
the outset.  After all, it's a competition, not an "open house" folks..

I think everyone commenting on these new category rules proposals should
commit to operating them.  Say 50% of the opportunities for the next 3
years?  24 hour submittal?  Lets make sure that actual participants are
influencing the trial.  This reflector is quite enamored with lots of dialog
and not as much on the air operating demonstration.

73

Ed  N1UR