[CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

Joe nss at mwt.net
Fri Apr 5 10:32:08 EDT 2013

I still do not like the Start at "X" time and then 24 hours non stop.
That is still Big gun and iron butt mode of operating. And it still
would make the Sunday afternoon slow because all the 24 hr folk are done
and off the air.

Better is the 48 hr operating window as now but operate no more than 24
hours, and off times min of 60 minutes long. This way there is skill as
to when to get on to max qso rates and bands propagations to desired
locations.  Itshould keep the bands pretty populate all the way to the end.

OR like i also said the whole new class
the 2 BY 2

multi op but ONLY two op's
WB9SBD and K9SB decide to enter this.
At 00:00Z Sat they start and use WB9SBD as the call, and operate the
full 24 hours.
at 00:00Z Sunday they swithch to K9SB and start all over,

this provides for all people a whole new set of meat both for the 24
hour folks as well as the 48 hour ones.

At the end the final scores of the 2 BY 2 is added to get their final score.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme