[CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: RE: My RED CARD - IT9GSF

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Apr 10 10:47:51 EDT 2013

  Fabio,

The only problem is that  we have only heard your side and I do not
expect to hear the evidence that CQ has as their process is closed.
Maybe they found other things and maybe they did not.  I applaud CQ for
keeping this information private.  I suspect that in many cases what
they find would be quite embarrassing to the ops if that information was
released.

The public is not involved in this decision.  You decided to publicly
air your grievance when your appeal should have been communicating
privately with the committee.

The manipulation of logs is pretty serious in my book.  From your email
it sounds like you made extensive changes and you also admitted that
your lock outs were not working.  If you broke the rules for MS by
hardware failure you cannot go into the logs and "fix" things.  You and
your friends were no longer in the MS class and you should have simply
classified the log properly.  In my book, and I think most would agree
that log manipulation if a flagrant foul and a red card is warranted.

The only reason your logs were not uploaded immediately after the
contest is that you knew there were problems and you knew you had to fix
things to attempt to make the logs fit into the MS class. This is just
wrong my friend.

CQ did not cause this issue.  You did with log manipulation and the ops
did with malfunctioning hardware lockouts as you claim.

Mike W0MU