[CQ-Contest] remote ops

Jim Sharp jimsharp1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 10 21:36:31 EDT 2013

Last weekend I worked the EARTTY remotely over the net with 2 K3’s and the MicroBit’s Remote Rig RCC-1258 MkII boxes. Did about 5-6 hours running FSK keying and 2 receivers (SO2V)
Made about 240 Q’s. It worked great. I used N1MM with MMTTY and 2Tone (4 windows) – 2 per receiver from my old slow laptop in Ohio (control rig) to my station in Texas. I also use a web swith and a relay to power-up the TX shack and computer. Then TeamViewer to turn on the Alpha 87A amp. Antennas are switched by relays driven by a Dunestar band-decoder driven by the ACC jack of the Texas K3 (remote rig). What fun

Jim – W5AP