[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 124, Issue 26

Mirek Rozbicki mirelec at singnet.com.sg
Thu Apr 11 12:56:11 EDT 2013

Hello Barry,

I am using Remote rig for sometime now.
I have no issue with it at all, both CW and SSB.
Most of the time it is undetectable that I am using remote radio.

I think what you are experiencing is an issue either with your modem or
local service provider.

When I use Remoterig locally,  from within VK6, I have no issues at all.
It works "like a charm".

When I tried to use it from overseas, there are issues, but related to the
internet providers in the hotels.
They block most of the ports and there is not much you can do, unless
Remoterig will work out some kind of VPN access like Hamachi does.

I have done number of contests, both CW and SSB, getting reasonable scores,
limited only by my antennas, not by Remoterig equipment.
So I think you need to investigate where the issue is.
I do not believe it is hardware from Remoterig.

I have used it for a while now and I am still amused how well it performed.
It is 5 stars from me.

73
Mirek
VK6DXI