[CQ-Contest] R: Re: WPX 10 min rule for MS - survey

Jorge Diez - CX6VM cx6vm.jorge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 12:17:53 EDT 2013

Hello

I prefer CQWW MS rules over WPX, but this one for WPX don´t help the small
stations with just one radio or small 2 position setup.

CQWW
Single Transmitter (MS): Only one transmitter and one band permitted during
any 10-minute period (run transmitter).Exception: One- and only one-other
band may be used during any 10-minute period, if-and only if-, the station
worked is a new multiplier (multiplier transmitter). The run and multiplier
transmitters are governed by independent ten minute rules. Ten-minute
periods are defined as starting with the first logged QSO on a band (see
Rule XII.2). The multiplier station cannot call CQ (solicit contacts). Logs
found in violation of the 10-minute rule may be reclassified as M2. The log
must indicate which transmitter (run or multiplier) made each QSO.

I know this rule for WPX is better for stations with a goos setup with two
or more positions. For the first hours the second radio have a lot of work
to do because a lot of multipliers to work, not the case of CQWW that after
working the first USA station you cannot work any more USA on this band with
the mult station.

Hope CQWW DON´T change the MS rule!

73,
Jorge