[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] RTTY NCCC Sprint on Thursday (in NA), DUPES OK!

Ken Keeler kenkeeler at jazznut.com
Wed Apr 24 20:41:07 EDT 2013

The  30 minute RTTY sprint practice continues on Thursday, one hour
before the CW NS Ladder this week.

Next NS-RY:  0130 to 0200Z, April 25;  Thursday night in NA, 630 PM
PDST, etc.
To pump up the activity, DUPEs are OK, after one intervening QSO on any band.

These 30 minute practices are  for experienced sprinters on cw to
learn a new mode,
and for RTTY contesters to learn the sprint format.  Also a chance
to try out the newly popular 2Tone decoder.

There are two main differences between the NCCC Sprints and NA Sprint:
In NS, power is usually limited to 100w, and mults count on all bands.
For this upcoming practice, use 80, 40, 20m;  up 80+ Khz. from the
bottom of the band.
Sometime in May, we'll add 15m.  I'll monitor the band to see when
the summer opening starts.

You need two different messages in sprint, one when acquiring a
frequency:  N6TR  245 KEN CA N6RO;
in a different order when vacating the freq.:  N8EA N6RO 246 KEN CA.
This let's others know who is acquiring the freq.

NS rules at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html
These apply for the RTTY practice sprints.

Thanks to WA7BNM/N7WA for providing the 3830 score reporting each week.

If you want the Sprint RTTY practices to continue, vote by showing up
each Thursday.

Thursday Night Diddler, N6RO