[CQ-Contest] WARC bands and contesting.

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:08:39 EDT 2013

This idea should not be dismissed lightly.  It should be hurled aside with
great force!

I think that Radiosport would get a huge black eye if we even opened a
public conversation.

Even though I contest regularly, I feel that there really ought to be some
"game preserves" which are contest-free ALL THE TIME, and not just "go to
the other mode this weekend --- contesters are running (CW)(Phone)(RTTY)."

Further, for 30-some years we've been banging the drum "if contesters are
messing up your band (pick your weekend), go to the WARC bands".   I don't
know if that policy is a PTT regulation anywhere carrying the force of law,
but it has been endorsed by major national/international societies (IARU,
ARRL, JARL, RSGB, RAC, etc) and adopted into the rules of every major
contest sponsor.  Rolling back that agreement would fire up a shyttstorm of
epic proportions!

73, de Hans, K0HB