[CQ-Contest] Copy What You Hear

K6VVA - Rick cqtest99 at k6vva.com
Mon Aug 12 08:02:34 EDT 2013

Now that the NAQP CW Log Submission deadline has passed, for those who
struggled trying to reconcile a pre-fill name for my previous KL8C
Contesting from Alaska with the name I decided to use this time...

The Kaktovik/Barter Island area (at 70 Degrees North Latitude) is the Number
One Polar Bear viewing area in all of the USA/Alaska, and the Native Inupiat
name for Polar Bear is:  NANUQ ... my KL8C name choice used.

I actually saw a Mama Polar Bear and her Two Cubbies at the local Whale
'Bone Pile' one night, which was the highlight of my primary K6VVA/KL7 IOTA
Expedition trip.

Contesting Admonition/Mantra:  COPY WHAT YOU HEAR !!!

I am confident some folks just DQ'd me from their logs when 'NANUQ' appeared
to be jibberish CW.  Oh Well.

FYI & 73,

Rick, K 6 V V A * The Locust
(KL8C Trustee)