[CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?

Steef steefpa3s at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 11:37:13 EST 2013

No, 3 different NEW TS590 owned.

In SO2R, next to a FT1000MP, and now SO2R FT1000MP and K3.

I love the receiver on the TS590 in the down conversion, and the DNR on the TS590. Bud the up conversion bands, powerspikes and PEP power are worst case scenario. In a "MULTI RADIO - MULTI OP" set up.

But hé, that is just my opinion. I could be wrong:-)

73

Steef

> Op 1 dec. 2013 om 15:48 heeft Steve London <n2icarrl at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Yes, the TS-590 was a very worthless radio on 10 meters in CQWW CW last weekend:
>
> N2IC    1560    33    125    24    670,394
>
> #2 claimed score in USA. Highest QSO total of any USA.
>
> And in CQWW SSB:
>
> http://www.3830scores.com/showrumor.php?arg=u9aHzOfcivmmR
>
> #1 claimed score in USA. 1698 QSO's on 10 meters.
>
> Something is seriously broken on the TS-590 that you used.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC
>
>> On 12/01/2013 05:45 AM, Steef wrote:
>> The TS590 is "as bad as they come", on the "up conversion" bands.
>> I have used it in the CQ WW multi radio environment on 10 while extreem conditions on 10 (2011?) and it is useless! No way you can make out even one station on a complete 10 meter band. Just one big noise.
>> Powerspikes 200 w+ on begin transmission!
>> PEP of 10 watt Max in SSB.
>>
>> I would not even consider this radio.
>> Unlike a "EK3" ( K3 Extra Kaal zelf bouw ;-)
>>
>> An EK is the best P.P. ratio possible.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> Steef
>>
>>> Op 1 dec. 2013 om 11:25 heeft "PA5MW, Mark"<pa5mw at home.nl>  het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> Exactly!
>>> Thank you Chet.
>>>
>>> Based on  real live experience feedback here and to my personal mail:
>>>
>>> 1) K3
>>> 2) TS590