[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 10:01:22 EST 2013

Fabio,

>>Adding 0 points to your zone and adjacent zone and only 1 point to other
no adjacent zone into the same country could be an exception that can be
added to level the playfield into the Bigger countries that are spread out
over 3/4 CQ zones

Not for the buys in the middle of three zones!  I don't think this would
work at all.  How would you like to be anywhere in Zone 4, USA in your
scenario and listen to the West Coast fill the band with CQs and additional
QRM to work the East Coast while you are trying to work real DX for some
points?  An extreme example would be if you lived in Zone 4 but within a
few miles of the boundary of either Zone 3 or 5.  I would never work
another contest from Zone 4 if I got no points where everyone outside of
Zone 4 got points for working the big population areas.  Not sure I would
want to work one even if there were points for USA-USA contacts for
everyone.  We can get our fill of working each other in SS, NAQP and a QSO
party almost every weekend.  Regardless of the scoring system, I believe
the CQ WW DX Contest should always remain one where you are working guys
outside your country.

Stan, K5GO