[CQ-Contest] Contest Teams

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 10:02:29 EST 2013

Whatever the team theme/rules, all on-the-air behavior and all submitted
QSO data must to comply with the sponsor's contest rules for the
exchange and so forth.  Messing up the sponsor's processes would be a
Bad Thing and very unwelcome.

Perhaps a self-assigned identifier following the call that complies with
all regulations about prefixes would serve to identify the team without
corrupting the sponsor's scoring and checking process.  For example,
maybe add /T### that would be ignored by the prefix-parsing software in
favor of the initial prefix (kind of like /P is ignored).  ### would be
a three-digit team ID, maybe.

Scoring could be done on a post-processing basis from the verified logs
but the sponsor would not be responsible for judging the CWAC (contest
within a contest).

If the operation violates some criteria such as the
all-equipment-within-a-certain-radius rule, logs should be submitted as
checklogs.

 > What a strategy fest this would be!

Exactly.  Like adding another dimension to the chess board.

73, Ward N0AX