[CQ-Contest] LotW

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 6 19:39:11 EST 2013

Hi Jim -

Well, it IS called "Logbook of the World" - to me, that includes
date/time, and multiple contacts.  Otherwise, "Dupe Sheet of the World"
would have been a more accurate name.  :-)

Honestly, data storage is cheap, and having as much log information as
possible would make it an incredibly valuable asset, not just for
awards, but as a historical record of activity and propagation. Wouldn't
it be fantastic to have access to W6AM's logs, or W2PV's, or W2GL's, or
W9KNI's, or KH6IJ's, or any number of others - dare I suggest W1AW even
- from days past?

If I was King of LotW, I'd work towards positioning it as "LaaS" -
Logging as a Service - as it were.   Consolidate everyone - from all
countries and contests - into LotW.

But, hey,  that's just me.

Back to playing in the 160M contest.  :-)

73,
Steve
NN4X

On 12/6/2013 10:17 AM, James Cain wrote:
 > Steve,
 >
 > LotW credits only count for certain ARRL awards (and CQ WPX). The
only award I can think of where date matters is CW DXCC (must be 1975 or
later). I can't think of any award of any kind where time of QSO applies.

 > If there are other special cases (1976 Bicentennial WAS, 2012 Diamond
Challenge, who knows? these would be special cases and the opt-out of
purging QSOs option would apply).