[CQ-Contest] LOCK X - 403A

py5eg py5eg at iesa.com.br
Mon Dec 16 11:02:44 EST 2013

Hi Folks

My friend Ranco 4O3A sent to me a year ago, (as a gift) the device LOCK X.

PY5ZBU Don developed for us  in 1989 an interlock mechanism for our MM Multinational operation ZW5B in 1989.

With the available technology at the time Don made it happen. It was a Multi National team and  all participants showed a big surprise with the "machine".

At that time it was fantastic to use this interlock on 10 meters setup managing two pileups on the same band having only one signal at the same time. It was a very complex relay box with hundred of meters of wire. Hi?

I used the LOCK X once in Florianopolis on a M/S operation and I was really impressed with the performance of it.

We decided to use the machine on this  ARRL 10 meters contest on a M/S attempt ZW5B.

We had the main station operating with our monobanders antennas and  K3+ACOM2000+DB42 as a multiplier setup.

This LOCK X is really a piece of cake. You can be sure you have only one signal at same time.

LOCK X is taking care about interlocking two or three transmitters with simple button pushing. Each of the three transmitters can be interlocked with any other, or can be disabled from interlocking if not necessary.
Green LEDs are indicating which transmitters are in INTERLOCK, and red LEDs are blinking when one of the transmitters is active

I strongly recommend the use of this marvellous device.

Thanks Ranco

Best regards

Oms

PS      I´m using at ZW5B HP filters and SAC X automation control also made by 4O3A

Everything works perfectly