[CQ-Contest] contest clubs and boundaries

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Sat Feb 2 19:19:50 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Doug Smith <dougw9wi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Radio K0HB wrote:
>
>> Both of those "skinny" states have ham populations that are the envy of us
>> "fat state guys here in Minnesota Wireless Association.  But we manage to
>> compete with what we have.
>>

> While the people population of Tennessee is (only) 20% larger than that of
> Minnesota, the ham population is 45% larger.  I doubt TCG will be
> interested in apologizing for that fact :)

If it weren't for one thing, I'd make a comment about TCG surely having a
desire to be able to welcome any Tennessee-based contester to submit a
score for the club.

However, having grown up in Memphis, I'm quite aware that folks in/around
Nashville think that Memphis and much of West Tennessee really belong to
Arkansas or Mississippi. :)

--
*Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
Poquonock, Connecticut | mda at n1en.org