[CQ-Contest] K3KU Sprint CW observations

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 15:46:11 EST 2013

Hi Art,

I'm glad I got you suitably coaxed or embarrassed to get on last night. I
hope you will forgive me for those first three hours of pain. MD was indeed
pretty easy this time, though VA had me nervous. It was the last of the W4
mults  I worked (W4AU), with an insurance contact with K7SV at 0359z.

Do show up in September. It is a different contest propagation wise. Note
that (here in the east) it starts before sunset in September, vs. almost two
 hours after sunset in February. That makes a big difference! Last night 40
had  gone long by even the start, which stinks for us. I even took a ten
minute break  at 0150z to decide if I wanted to keep banging my head against
the proverbial  wall.

Sprint is indeed a high skill contest. I'd say the most valuable
transferable skill is that of getting things the first time. You can't wait  around
for the second or third time to listen to a guy before you call him.  That's
a good skill to have.

Thanks for being there!

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 2/3/2013 2:37:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,