[CQ-Contest] Rules off the table ?

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Mon Feb 4 12:48:07 EST 2013

On 2/4/2013 12:04 PM, Cqtestk4xs at aol.com wrote:
> The SS can be won from just about any place east/west or north/south.   I
> won SS phone HP in 2009 form KH6, in 2010 VY2ZM won and in 2011 W6YI did it
> form CA.  That takes care of east, west and north.  For many years it  was
> won by from the south in KP4.
>
> The contest does tend to favor west coast during high points of the cycle
> but has been won in both modes from many parts of the US and Canada.   It
> usually takes a good station and an experienced op to do it though.

Im sorry Bill, but VY2 is not the East coast.  Its 1,000 miles from here
to Prince Edward island - which has tremendous ramifications for one's
ability to run on 20 meters and 15 meters.

You might as well say that Puerto Rico is east coast too.

Can you tell me the last time someone on the ACTUAL east coast won SOAB
in Sweeps?

73 Rich NN3W