[CQ-Contest] Sunday afternoon boredom is the wet blanket on SS

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Feb 5 16:51:36 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 01:32:13PM -0600, Joe wrote:
> I am truly amazed at this whole thread.

Me too.

> But i guess if you are running 120 a hour, one a minute is boring.

Contests have slow times and fast times. Generally I think SS scores
are as high or higher than they were 30 years ago.

The contest is still fun.

Yeah - you don't run 100 hours for 24 hours but does that matter?

I find it all a challenge. If anything it is the slow hours of any
contest than can really test your skill and station.

I have done serious efforts in VHF contests where I am lucky to make
400 contacts - and those contests are longer than SS.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr