[CQ-Contest] ARRL Cheating in ARRL using the cluster

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:32:55 EST 2013

"Faking" exotic calls on the air to be picked up by skimmers and draw
folks away from the real DX has been in play for several years. I hope
culprits can be rung up by the SDR's that I'm sure were recording and
will show a pattern of deception.

As to how someone can be entirely S&P and turn up in the cluster: for
example, DX sends "(DX call) TEST" then you come in with "(your call)"
"(your call)" exactly zero beat and at same WPM. Skimmer can pick up
on the fragments and decode the sequence "TEST (your call) (your
call)" which looks a lot like a contest CQ.

Tim N3QE