[CQ-Contest] Skimmer accuracy...

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Feb 20 15:56:15 EST 2013

I would hope that a spots log would be one piece of evidence used to
support some type of cheating accusation.  From my understanding some
contests are being recorded in real time over a broad spectrum from many
places around the world.

I would hope that the organizers would would be aware that RBN or any
spotting for that matter is not perfect.

The organizers will have your log and maybe 4000 others to look at as well.

There are plenty of places RBN and cluster stats can be used to find
stations with more than one transmitter per band  or more than one
transmitter on multiple bands ie cqing on 20 and 40 yet claiming SO
etc.  K1TTT found lots of interesting things when comparing IP addresses
to spots.

All of these pieces of data together can make it pretty clear what is
going on.  A few busted spots here and there is nothing to get too
worried about.

If  you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

Mike W0MU