[CQ-Contest] Extreme S&P with the RBN

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Thu Feb 21 19:58:15 EST 2013

Excellent Pete!  I am wondering the same thing.   When I was having trouble
finding a clear freq on 40 in  CQWW CW, I went S&P and had rates from
120-190/hr.  My trick was to always skip stations who were already in a
QSO.  If I had to wait at all, I went on to the next spot.

I am wondering if the Russian guys who mined the CQWW logs for top QSO run
rates actually looked at frequency, or simply looked at a QSO total over a
block over time.
I'm betting you can make super-high QSO rates by using the techniques you
describe, and, that some of the rates listed were made by S&P using
RBN/packet.

73, Gerry W1VE