[CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread

JIM NEIGER n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 10:18:19 EST 2013

I think psychologists would have a field day analyzing:

PATIENT NUMBER  ONE:  those who must show-off their DXing prowess, copying
skills etc. by spotting someone else.  "Oh Boy", fellas look who I've found
and worked, I'm so good, and I worked him before you did.  And please
forgive me that I busted his call; I'm really not as good as I think I am",

and,

PATIENT NUMBER TWO:   who are so incompetent that inwardly they cannot find
or copy jack, most probably must rely on PATIENT NUMBER ONE'S, and even if
they try to grow-up and be a big-shot PATIENT NUMBER ONE, they never can
quite 'cut the mustard', and live with an inferiority complex throughout
their DXing and contesting career.  Oh they will try and pull their Big Boy
Pants on from from time-to-time, maybe even spot EK3LR..........only to be
publicly ridiculed by the few thousand who must say, "you idiot, how could
you not know K3LR", and further they spiral into depression.

Ah, packet, skimmers, RBN.  Be careful for what you ask.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger  N6TJ