[CQ-Contest] Single Op/Get Scores Assisted

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 06:51:55 EST 2013

We posted our score to the RU site in the last contest for the first time and, although hesitant about doing that, I'll admit it was fun and entertaining.  Can't say I would have felt exactly the same if N3RS had been posting his score while trouncing us by about 8%.

I assume, but am not sure, that the only reason for using these sites is so you can look to see how you are doing compared to the competition. I am not sure about this but It makes sense then, to me, that single ops who are posting their scores are looking at that site - otherwise why post (for everyone else's entertainment?

It also makes sense that if you are looking at the site that you see others who are posting their scores and since you can see where the QSOs are racking up you know when and what band the other stations are running.  Although not a HUGE problem at the moment with the number of stations posting to these sites, it occurred to me that as it grows and even being suggested by NQ4I that it be required (probably not going to happen) that single op unassisted entrants are actually assisted since they can know when and what band a juicy multiplier they need is running.

Take just a little bite at a time and 10 years from now it could become a scheduling process where the stations are programmed to jump around the band working everyone with computer interfaces.  If there are new participants they will like it all in the name of technological advancement and the old guys will still be complaining.

Next little bite, in my estimation, is getting Skimmer to copy and stack the call signs in a pile up to be picked off one after the other.  Surely this has been tried?  Just saying...

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad