[CQ-Contest] PSY QSY????

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Feb 26 14:18:06 EST 2013

If someone asks me "PSE QSY" I generally say "What do you mean?  Why are
you moving your run frequency?  You are doing the running."  All too
many "so called top" contesters don't even know the difference between
QSY and and QSY?  But, if I'm in a mood to accommodate a dolt like that
who is so intent on rate that he doesn't use a ? when he should, then
I'll look to see if I have that particular multiplier, and then say "FB"
op "SRI NO CAN DO"

Typically, "running at high rate" and running QRP are incompatible, so
taking a minute or two out of the tedium of S&P doesn't co$t much in rate.

Only time when "fair to middling" high running rate occurs is after
someone spots me when I'm in a state QSO Party and calling CQ from a
rare county.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time

p.s. Yes, I know that "QRP" means "reduce power" so using QRP as a noun
is inconsistent with the above comments.  But I decided to use the same
(ridiculous?) convention as the majority of the members of the ham radio
community.