[CQ-Contest] 2013 Kid's Day @ KH6LC

Lloyd Cabral kh6lc at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:49:40 EST 2013

This coming Sunday January 6th is ARRL Kid's Day.    It runs from 1800z until
2359z.    It's a great opportunity to bring young people into your shack, tell
them a little bit about amateur radio, and give them the chance to chat with
other young folks.    This will be our 4th year and we make a big party of it
here at KH6LC.   We'll be a 3 transmitter Multi-Multi, operating on 20, 15 and
10 meters.     We'll spot ourselves on DX Summit,  http://www.dxsummit.fi/
and should be very easy to find.     We'll also be streaming live video from the
shack on JustinTV.     We all know young people, be it family, friends or neighbors.
I encourage you to invite those young people into your shack and give them a
glimpse of amateur radio.     While we can't expect them all to run out and get
licenses,  we can only speculate how giving these kids a favorable impression of
amateur radio might benefit our hobby in the future.   For the official information
on ARRL Kid's Day please go to:    http://www.arrl.org/kids-day

Lots of past KH6LC Kids Day pictures in the CONTEST section of our website
www.KH6LC.com       Please look for KH6LC on Sunday January 6th.

73 & Aloha,  Lloyd  KH6LC
On the Big Island of Hawaii near Hilo