[CQ-Contest] NAQP scoring

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Thu Jan 10 11:26:47 EST 2013

That is correct Bob. There are no penalties for busted QSOs in the NAQP.
They are removed from your log without penalty. The only penalty is that
you lose the QSO. The contest managers and log checkers discussed this
recently, and we decided to leave it this way for one more year. The
NAQP began as more of a "friendly" event (hence the word "Party" in the
name) but it has evolved over the years into a fairly competitive
contest. Some of us feel that some type of penalty scheme needs to be
implemented, if for no other reason than to encourage accuracy
proficiency. We will re-visit this rule again next year.

73, Kirk K4RO