[CQ-Contest] NAQP scoring

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Thu Jan 10 12:34:04 EST 2013

Hurrah for "blood and guts" operation!   Yes, by all means, we should,
no, we MUST penalize folks for the errors of their ways.  Lettuce go all
the way, have "monitors" at all the "big guns" stations to make sure
they don't do anything dastardly like running 1 minute over the allotted
time, or cranking up the power to 2.5 KW (slightly above the 100 watts
permitted by the rules), etc.

And, we should discourage any newcomers, particularly in the CW NAQP
because they might not be sending "cut numbers, compressed code" and
other things the "real contest ops" do - and they might be sending at
(horrors, all horrors) at well below 35 WPM.  And they might even be
running QRP, which slows down the "blood and guts" operators.

I've scoured the contest calendar, and can find no place where "blood
and guts" is encouraged, so we must be the leaders!  After all,
contesting in particular and ham radio in general is attracting
membership by leaps and bounds, so we need an elitist contest.  Cull out
the riff raff, they're not worth cultivating in our elitist "Party."

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time