[CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 16:58:19 EST 2013

My thoughts:

Someone asks if the freq is in use?   Regardless of where I am  in
receiving an exchange on the freq or on a second xcvr...my quick response is  the
freq is in use.  I'll pick up the guy's exchange after I protect the  freq.
Much easier to lose 15 seconds to get a repeat on the exchange than  to have
to fight to get your freq back.

Even as a big gun with the ability to usually win a frequency fight,  this
is the only way to go.  Many guys refuse to QSY once they call that  first
CQ.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS