[CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted

Kerr, Prof. K.M. k.kerr at abdn.ac.uk
Sat Jan 26 11:30:02 EST 2013

Randy,
I'd like to believe that you mean 'embracing' the new technology means adopting SO(A) categories into contests. This surely means Assistance is already accepted, if that is how you want to operate.

But PLEASE, PLEASE do not ruin CQWW contests (like others are) by removing the unassisted categories. After all, a clear majority of SO CQWWSSB entrants DID NOT opt for that assistance of other operators or spotting technology. Any ambiguity in a statement from 'Contest Central' will be seized upon!

Best wishes,

Keith GM4YXI (GM5X)