[CQ-Contest] Answer to accept from "cheaters" and contest sponsors

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Jan 30 22:02:39 EST 2013

I've written on the subject of cheating in ham radio several times
before so I won't flog everyone here with the details, but suffice it to
say that many studies have shown why and under which circumstances
people are most likely to cheat ... and radiosport has ALL of them in
spades.  I don't think there is any reason on this earth why we should
expect that hams represent a better class of people than the average
human, and for many people (not just hams) cheating *is* the contest ...
the thrill of trying to see if you can get away with it.

I'm not saying that we should let the rotten apples spoil things for the
rest of us, but I flat out guarantee that there are more than just a few
of them in our midst.

73,
Dave   AB7E