[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 127, Issue 3

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Jul 2 12:43:15 EDT 2013

Ed:

Geepers, How logical!  I guess we hams don't know how to read. So, I
could operate the first 60 minutes, be off the second, be on the third,
etc., until I reached 24 hours total in the contest?

One MUST be careful of taking 60 minutes (at least the way N1MM counts
hours off).  I took 60 minutes and about 20 seconds of during the recent
CQ WPX event, and N1MM didn't credit it.  I don't know if the contest
scoring group will credit it, but I wasn't near the max allowed, so it
won't make a real difference.

Since I seldom operate even 24 hours of a contest, the subject is moot
for me.

I'll be very interested in the grumbling about "not being able to choose
the 'best' hours of a >24 hour stint" and still compete in the 24 hour
category..   I'm sure there will be some.

Congrats on your excellent interpretation of what us dolts who need a
refresher course in Forth Grayde Englyshe.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time