[CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed Jul 3 19:21:14 EDT 2013

Yeah, but why would a neophyte, dolt, lid like me think that two
contacts, an hour apart in a log, would NOT beconsidered as being one
hour apart? If I subtract 22 hours and 60 seconds from 22 hours and 60
seconds I get 1 hour.

But, as Isaid, I didn't operateanywhere near the maximum time permitted
by the rules, so itdidn't really matter tome.  But, perhaps the rules
should make a note that "most logging software drops the seconds in the
timestamp," and that log checkersactually require 61minutes between
contacts instead of 60 minutes between contacts to be a valid "hour off."

Oh, well, I'm sorry I mentioned a comment whichcaused a few folks said
"I shouldwatch what I say negativeabout N1MM software." The
programmerswere only following the convention (which i think very
strange) established by some rules committee.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time