[CQ-Contest] How many pins may dance???

I4UFH i4ufh at libero.it
Wed Jul 10 09:35:28 EDT 2013

Hi Hank,

Definitely I agree with you, this issue has been fixed from several years from software developers that didn't check the HQ call sign to qualify the multiplier
but use the sended exchange , so no matter which call sign had sended it.

Allowing multiply HQ call sign on same band / mode, strictly only one by mode at same time, accommodate national telecomm limitation, and allow to optimize
the distribution of the station during the contest. There is a unfair discrimination between Countries that can have National HQ Callsign and Countries that can't
have it, because during the Contest the Countries with National Callsign, can switch bands, between stations, that are spread out over the country, the get
advantage of the location, adding one more bullets in their gun.

And to be honestly, due the fact that the HQ stations are most a representative of the IARU members Country, i think that suggesting that the QSO point of HQ station
didn't follow the Rules 1/3/5 points, but 1 point per QSO is more fair. Now there is no chance, for small HQ to be competitive in high density HQ area with few ITU
zones ( typically all Europe is included into 4   ITU zone ( 27, 28, 37,18 ), with at least 28 HQ station in the last year ) , because some HQ are in  ITU Zone with few
Countries that had more advantage due the 3 Point rules between different ITU Zone. There is not a real Competition between HQ, no prize , only a Certificate of
participation, so leave all the HQ at the same level, no advantage of scores due cross iTU zone points rules, simply who is able to setup the better station in it's
Country, who can take advantage of the propagation on his Country will be the first, this is a festival of the IARU member Society and for this the HQ station, didn't
need advantages, to be on air !

Otherwise for this year the rules can't change, and the committee need to take care about that, and as u suggest the plans to change and tune the rules need to be  take
in charge in the next IARU Committee meeting.

73 de Fabio I4UFH  on IR4T / D4C