[CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Jul 20 12:13:46 EDT 2013

I believe we SHOULD all b***h and moan about the Reverse Beacon
Network.   It is co$ting us $o much for the information that we have a
right to DEMAND perfection.

If it reads me as N7XX once, and N9XD the next, I'm very miffed, and
demand double the subscription rate back as partial compensation of all
the trouble it causes me.  We all are sure the folks who work me are
Dunces enough NOT to bother to read my call, which I send at least every
9.999 minutes per "run."   I send this call at 99 WPM, because it saves
a few microseconds in sending, and ONCE in 9.999 minutes is REQUIRED by
the FCC.  The regs don't say anything about sending speed, so cranking
it up to the maximum my sending routine will send it perfectly legal.
And, compressing the timing between element of a character, and between
character save at least one microsecond every 9.999 minutes.

So, if enough of us DEMAND our subscription $$'s back, those clods who
run the Reverse Beacon Network will shape up!

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time