[CQ-Contest] RTTC Contest.

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 14:02:22 EDT 2013

I note there are no submittal forms on 3830 for comments on this one but think Valery R5GA would appreciate some feedback.
It was quite a busy event with callers from all continents. I was just running, no s&p, so the nr of R33 stns worked was quite low, checking out re-installation of the micro keyer and logging prog following a major pc failure and was surprised at the depth of the piles I was getting.

I was hearing weak R33 stns way down in the pile and it did occur to me that in this type of everyone works everyone  event it would help those RTTC field stns, (which is what the contest is about), if the contest be limited to low power for all stns. That would give the field day stns an even chance of breaking the piles. My impression was that the majority of those R33's calling me drifted away before the pile became thin enough for them to be heard.

A pleasant 3 hours spent working many familiar calls, thanks to the organisers for this event.

7  Brian C4Z / 5B4AIZ.