[CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Jul 25 11:36:15 EDT 2013

It's "difficult to understand" because it's poorly written.   Both CW
Skimmer and the Reverse Beacon Network have multiple modes and multiple
uses, some of which provide QSO alerting assistance and some of which
don't in the slightest.  CW Skimmer in Blind Mode is merely a good
waterfall display, and monitoring the RBN only for your own callsign is
no different than monitoring one of the propagation tracking sites
(which regularly get promoted here on this reflector) that use actual
reported contacts.  The term "e.g" stands for exempli gratia, which
means "for example".   Directly equating CW Skimmer and the RBN to "QSO
alerting assistance" as described in VIII.2 is no different than
prohibiting the use of N1MM as a logger because it can capture cluster
spots and display them on a bandmap.

You want to take away the confusion?  Fix the rule.

Dave   AB7E