[CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Thu Jul 25 13:16:28 EDT 2013

As one who spends a lot of time parsing words in regulations and in
rules, I'm bothered by some of this discussion.

It says that the use of DX cluster, packet, local or remote callsign and
frequency decoding technology technologies (with the examples of CW
skimmer and RBN) are tools that earn one the categorization of
"assisted" but ONLY if the source "provides call sign or multiplier
identification" AND "frequency" information to the operator.

The classic form of RBN does that.  As does DX Summit and skimmer.

So what happens if the site provides callsign and multiplier information
but not frequency?
What happens if the site provides frequency but not precise callsign?
What about this?

DX   21.200.4 DLxxxxx     1454z
DX   14.151.1 W3xxx       1455z

or......

DX 21.200.4 xL4AWL      1454z
DX 14.151.1 x3LPL          1455z

The callsign isn't being provided.  At least one element is missing in
the term of QSO alerting assistance (as defined by CQWW), which
according to the rules, requires 1) the callsign or multiplier, AND 2)
the frequency.