[CQ-Contest] When is speed not speedy?

Tod Olson tod at k0to.us
Sat Jun 1 10:11:34 EDT 2013

Bob:

I don't think you could have made it plainer as to why cut numbers other
than 5NN are going to cause reduced rates for people who work you { and me
and a number of others] . If we get many people who recognize that the 'cut
numbers' penalize them first their rate because they have to ask the sending
stations for a repeat and possibly their score if they take a 3X hit perhaps
there will be a change in behavior.

To have true effect your email should be translated into several other
languages so that the full implications are known to many of the Europeans
and South Americans as well as the North Americans [ most of whom are able
to translate from Minnesotan to their local dialect].

Tod, K0TO

> On May 31, 2013, at 11:38, Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc at citlink.net> wrote:
>
>>  I don't care for cut numbers other than 5NN, the standard "synch pulse" of
>> contest exchanges.

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ.. Other text explaining rationale for benefits of NON-cut
numbers in quick copy through QRM and QRN Š