[CQ-Contest] Preview Draft of 2013 CQ WW Contest Rules

Saulius Zalnerauskas ly5w.sam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:55:48 EDT 2013

Really!

I have license for special call LY605W till June 20th. My plan was to
sit in my country shack with Low Power and low antenna's except 80m.
2 YAGIs still not rotating. Working with 80m Dipole (High) I have
call's from all the World on any band's!
But friday morning I got telephone call from my friend Rich LY2FN. He
asked about travel to another place in Lithuania, to one of the
Biggest Contest Station - LY2W.
They don't prepared everything for serious Multi Op. operation. So
Single Bands is free!
In one hour I changed all weekend plan's. Not only Radio operation, I
have also other duties here for whole summer. After mothers death last
spring, I must work to finish house to live here during winter too,
not only summer. Believe me, there is a lot to do! And antenna's still
waiting and waiting.
So - in the evening I am near UA2 border (in Arturas LY2W shack). My
goal - 2000 QSO, 1000 prefixes, and some 4 or much more mln. points.
SO SB 20m HP category. But conditions! A=34!
First hour on 20m - only 30-40 QSOs. Nobody hear me on CQ. Only S/P,
and problem - every 3rd operator can't understand my call! LY 605 W.
Hi,...
So - going sleep till morning. Preparing another contest program N1MM
with internet. And my call - LY5W. SO SB 20m HP Assisted.
In 3830 - it is Top 5. And new LY record claimed. 2.8 mln. points,
1700 QSO, 900 prefixes.
So, sometimes You must decide last minute. Never knows what can happen!

73, Sam LY5W - LY605W (till June 20th)