[CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 08:19:51 EDT 2013

Hi Yan,
59+50 signals are not very common in contests although such signals can
sometimes be ran into. Having said that, I would avoid parking only 2 Khz
away from such a signal in the  contest because they usually are pretty
clicky as well. For the record, we have remote antenna, which is 300 m away
from the main antennas. That allows us to listen on the same band where the
main signal is. At 1 Kw output the main signal on the second receiver is
just about 59+50. The isolation between antennas is about 80 db (side by
side).
KX3 also has a provision for setting IF at 8Khz which can sometimes be
pretty helpful.

73, Igor UA9CDC