[CQ-Contest] Vertical Radial wire: Copper vs. Aluminum?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Jun 17 15:05:24 EDT 2013

As a generalization, I would expect that aluminum in alkaline soil is
OK, while acidic soil probably eats it up fairly quickly.  The southwest
tends to be fairly dry and alkaline, while areas with more moisture and
more organic debris in the soil tend to be more acidic.  I can stick
almost anything in the ground at my Arizona QTH and have it last for
decades, while I certainly could not say the same where I grew up in
Minnesota.

73,
Dave   AB7E